NP or PA, Per Assessment, Patient Connect - Warrick and Vanderburgh Counties, IN - 2208105
$3,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Senior Community Care (SCC) product, we work with a team to provide care to patients at home in a nursing home, assisted living for senior housing. This life-changing work adds a layer of support to improve access to care.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
This role is within our SNF Patient Connect program. Optum Senior Community Care provides the Patient Connect Program for United Healthcare members in a short stay/transitional setting with focus on reduction in 30-day hospital readmissions, improved completeness and coding accuracy of diagnosis and medical record documentation, increased closure of STAR/HEDIS quality measures, improved completion rates of Advanced Care Planning Directives, and improved patient and family satisfaction and discharge and post discharge support. The Optum practitioner will provide a one time comprehensive health assessment for the member in collaboration with the case management team to support better care coordination and health outcomes. This is an autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and support of our population.
This is a per diem position, serving Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties, Indiana. Per diem employees are required to have availability for a minimum of 10 hours per week with a maximum of 960 hours a year. Flexible schedule – days, evenings, weekends.
If you want more meaning in your career – as a clinician or a business professional – take this opportunity and apply.
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients’ families
- Collaboration with case management team
- Documentation, coding and gap closure
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted license in the state which you reside
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant through a national board
- For NP’s: Graduate of an accredited master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) program or doctor of nursing practice (DNP) program and board certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (AG AC NP), Adult/Family or Gerontology Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), with preferred certification as ANP, FNP, GNP
- For PA’s: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant degree program and currently board certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current active DEA licensure/prescriptive authority or ability to obtain post-hire, per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to SNF facilities within a designated area
- Ability to lift a 30-pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Availability to work 10 hours per week
- Ability to gain a collaborative practice agreement, if applicable in your state
- 1+ years of hands-on post grad experience within Long Term Care
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Proven adaptability to change
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.