Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Home Visits - New London, CT - 2207086
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment Or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus For Individuals Who Have Not Previously Participated In This Program
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Landmark is not a fee-for-service practice. We create successful patient outcomes and high levels of satisfaction for our patients. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality time caring for a smaller number of patients.
Landmark is now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations in numerous markets across the US. At Landmark, we live by the principle of one mission, one vision, one team.
By observing your patients in their homes, you will gain valuable insights into aspects of their lives – sometimes subtle, but always important – that otherwise may never be revealed in a traditional care setting. You will have the resources of our custom electronic medical records (EMR) program, comprehensive mobile medical technology system, and dedicated technical support department.
As a Landmark Advanced Practice Provider, you will:
- Manage chronic illnesses in a complex elderly population with multimorbid conditions focused on wellness, avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits, providing patient education about disease processes, improving overall quality of care, and increasing patient satisfaction in the healthcare system
- Document timely with an added focus on closing HEDIS quality gap measures and recapturing HCCs
- Engage new patients enrolling in the program with a comprehensive geriatric focused initial assessment that includes functional eval, social and safety assessments, cognitive screening and mental health assessments and more
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients on an urgent basis in home with an array of equipment and medications
- Order and interpret appropriate tests including x-rays, labs, and EKGs to diagnose, prescribe and treat within the provider’s scope of practice and consistent with the standards of care
- Start treatment in the home at the point of care
- Collaborate with patient’s PCP and specialists as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) accredited program
- Current unrestricted NP or PA state license
- Current state driver’s license
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- 2+ years of clinical NP or PA experience in IM, Geriatrics, Primary Care, ED, Urgent Care, or similar setting
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.