Medical Assistant Optum Tri-State - 2210928
$1,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance “Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home,” Optum is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. We believe in giving back to the community and the patients through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
Optum is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant Senior to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
Work Hours: 3 days a week for 12-hour shifts, 8AM -8PM, work one Saturday or Sunday 2-4 weekends per month
Urgent Care hours: 7:45am-8:00pm, 7 days a week.
- Prepare the patient for the Medical Provider’s examination by obtaining vital signs and patient history
- Prepare and maintains the examination and treatment areas
- Prepare the patient for and assisting with the examination
- Prepare the patient for and assisting with procedures and treatments
- Maintain medication and immunization records
- Perform sterilization techniques
- Performing all Occupational services to all patients and ensuring follow-up to clients providing all necessary documentation
- Perform an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Accurate completion of daily, weekly, and monthly checklist
- Accurate completion and documentation of all quality control testing
- Understand proper function and care of special equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment
- Organize and maintains medical records
- Cooperate with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, RMG Medical Assistants are also responsible for certain follow-up with patients, such as ensuring specialist appointments are scheduled and referrals are prepared
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Complete all new-hire clinical competencies within 90 days of start-date. Complete new clinical competencies rolled out by the Educational Committee
- Maintain and provide proof of valid CMA license to United Health Group on an annual basis
- Perform sterilization techniques, EKG, Nebulizer, Splinting, and other support tasks requested by Provider
- Administer injections and collect specimens
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals, answer calls and complete paperwork as needed
- Greet all patients upon entering the Urgent Care Center
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- Obtain patient signatures for required documents
- Upload a valid Government issued state ID of patient and patient insurance cards
- Accurate and complete occupational medicine registration workflow
- File and maintain medical records
- Consistently correct registration work queue errors
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified via Spark regarding Employee Policies
- Work cohesively with fellow RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
- Comfortable working in high pace environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School or GED
- Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of back office Medical Assistant experience
- Computer literacy
- Experience as a Medical Assistant performing clinical back-office duties including phlebotomy, injections, obtaining vital signs and recording medical history
- Experience with Epic EMR
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $16.00 to $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.