Referral Coordinator WellMed at Saint Lucie West - 2207701
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under the supervision of the Referral Management Supervisor, this position is responsible for the daily coordination of referral processes and other duties as assigned.
- Manage the internal/external referral process and daily referral reconciliation
- Answers telephone and assists caller through the phone queue and back office phone line
- Participate in clinic and market education/training, as needed and/or required
- Maintains knowledge and ensures procedures are followed including referral guidelines and policies, privacy, and confidentiality
- Deliver quality customer service, managing the referral process professionally and timely
- Work independently and act as a resource or subject matter expert (SME) for others
- Manage and prioritize tasks that may include compiling reports and spreadsheets
- Maintain professionalism and positive service attitude with all internal and external customers/peers
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of Health Care related experience
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven solid customer service skills
- Proven detail oriented with organizational and time management skills
- 1+ years of Referral management experience
- 1+ years of Medical Insurance experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service
- Medical Assistant experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Proven bilingual
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.