Licensed EAP Counselor - Per Diem - (Onsite: Lockheed Martin) - Littleton, CO - 2205466
Optum Care Solutions, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental, and social needs, while removing barriers to quality care. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable.
The Licensed EAP Counselor is a professional position responsible for providing onsite services to either a dedicated customer or customers in our overall book of business. Responsibilities range from assessment and referral, management consultations, training, and critical incident response. The EAP Counselor may also provide consultation to HR, program managers and supervisors on workplace and organizational issues.
- Work Schedule: Per Diem – 16 hours per week
- Work Location: Lockheed Martin
- Conduct solution focused consultations; helping clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Assess and refer to appropriate programs and services including but not limited to: Work-life, behavioral health, substance abuse / chemical dependency and community-based resources
- Assist with referrals for members needing ongoing/additional counseling services
- Provide limited after care monitoring (following up with employees and/or providers to ensure the safety of employees, continuation of treatment, etc.)
- Provide manager consultation services on a variety of work-related issues such as; performance management, trauma impacting the workplace, organizational change, individual employee crisis intervention, coaching, and Work-life issues
- Provide crisis intervention and management support in response to Critical Incidents
- Conduct on-site training services for managers and employees (e.g. wellness seminars, Health fairs, Lunch & Learns)
- Participate in monthly 1 on 1’s, team meetings, and other customer meetings as required
- Utilize UHG computer to accurately and thoroughly document member contact/case documentation accessing appropriate clinical case management system (s) within departmental time frame
- Follow internal ethical and regulatory privacy policies such as HIPAA, maintain confidentiality and private health information of members. Follows state and federal licensing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree, PhD or Psy D in related field to Employee Assistance
- Training in EAP, workplace and organizational dynamics
- Current unrestricted LPC, LCSW or LMFT at the independent practice level in the state of Colorado
- 3+ years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Experience in settings such as managed care, private or public clinics, with emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency, and workplace issues
- EAP knowledge and workplace events including Critical Incidents Response Services CIRS incidents,
- Proven ability to practice client confidentially, and understand HIPAA privacy rules
- Proven solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven solid interpersonal skills required and the ability to work effectively among different levels of management and personnel
- Proven solid organizational skills with the ability to manage stressful situations and multiple competing priorities
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $28.03 to $54.95 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment