Medical Social Worker - Hybrid Work From Home - Salt Lake City UT - 2208207
$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Optum Home and Community, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental, and social needs, while removing barriers to quality care. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable.
Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in, while doing your life’s best work. (sm)
The primary role of the Medical Social Worker (SW) is to assess the psychosocial needs of members and provide solution-focused care coordination to address issues that impede their ability to adhere to their medical care plan. The SW is an active member of the Interdisciplinary care team (IDT). Social work services will be provided in home, telephonically and/or video.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This is a Monday-Friday role based from your home office, with field visits as needed; no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Facilitating serious illness and advance care planning discussions with the patient and family
- Assessing the patient’s and family’s strengths and needs and developing a collaborative care plan
- Connecting patient and / or patient’s family / caregiver to appropriate community resources and supports
- Providing a combination of brief therapeutic interventions and solution focused care management
- Utilizing motivational interviewing and other psychotherapeutic techniques to elicit behavior change
- Navigating community resources and developing community partnerships to improve access to care and ease of systems navigation
- Competitive salaries
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401(k) and more
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan and paid holidays
- CEU and license renewal fee reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ability to support your local community and partner with area resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- CSW or LCSW for the state of Utah
- Meet all Utah state certification and licensing requirements
- 2+ years of social work experience post-master’s degree (internship not included)
- 2+ years of social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Proven excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Palliative and/or hospice care experience
- Experience in delivering homecare or field case management
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.