*2025 Fellows Welcome To Apply* - Medical Oncology - Physician Pathway Program - 2207442
Optum Cancer Care is seeking a Medical Oncologist for our new multi-specialty Hematology and Oncology division located in Las Vegas, NV, to be clinically active while helping to shape the future of integrated cancer care. This is an outstanding opportunity for a physician who wants to remain clinically active while helping to shape the future of cancer care in Southern Nevada.
It’s time to lead. To innovate. To focus on patients. We’re doing it at eight cancer care locations in Las Vegas, including our new 55,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Cancer Center. Our focus also includes building academic affiliation with medical schools and developing new programs for clinical and pharmaceutical trials. For 47 years, we’ve empowered physicians to do their best work in Southern Nevada. Because with the right commitment, we can do wonders.
Optum is a family of nearly 90,000 employed or affiliated physicians and another 40,000 advanced practice clinicians and 2,200 clinics across the country. Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care.
To learn more about our growing presence: Click Here
- Optum is the largest employer of providers.
- $5.1B invested annually in technology and innovation.
- Optum serves approximately 9 out of 10 U.S. hospitals and 9 out of 10 Fortune 100 employers.
- Optum is the technology-focused and care-delivery arm of UnitedHealth Group.
- Average outpatient volume is 12-22 per day
- Call shared among the Oncologists: 1 week at a time
- 20-24 patients per day average
- Epic EMR
- Treating and managing patients according to standard, usual, and customary methods, and techniques.
- Provides understanding of diagnosis, treatment, therapy, and management of patients according to current standards of care utilizing best practice recommendations.
- Counsels and educates patients and families.
- Maintains accurate, complete, concise, and timely documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with physicians, other health professionals, and staff.
- Coordinates care with multidisciplinary team members.
- Follows ethical principles regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent, and unanticipated adverse outcomes.
- Demonstrates the highest level of accountability for professional practice.
- Maintains effectiveness throughout changing circumstances. Is flexible, resilient, and change oriented.
- Participates in organizational and departmental meetings, educational opportunities, committees, and workgroups as necessary.
- Relocation assistance available to those who qualify
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401k with match + Executive Savings Plan
- Professional liability at no cost to clinician
- CME Reimbursement & Time Off
- Stock Purchase Option
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™: In-home back-up child and adult/elder care
- Bright Horizons College Coach™: Tuition Payment Planning & More
- Stride/Rally Well-being Programs to help with health and lifestyle goals
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Completion of an Internal Medicine Residency & Hematology / Oncology Fellowship program
- Board Certified / Board Eligible in Specialty
- Unrestricted license to practice in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Maintain BLS certification
The Pathways Program is intended to enhance the experience of your final months of residency and eliminate the burden of job searching, while helping you develop an added skill set to maximize success of transitioning into practice from residency. Reach out to us to learn more: email@example.com
Nevada Residents Only: : The salary range for Nevada residents is $367,611 to $610,124 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.