Ultrasound Supervisor - 2210831
SIGN ON BONUS $10,000
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors,” Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine’s “Top Doctors” as well as in Castle Connolly Medical’s “Top Doctors.” For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients…to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal – physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
The Ultrasound Supervisor provides clinical, organizational, leadership to a fast paced, multimodality radiology practice with multiple locations. The position with a technical focus on US, candidate will facilitate workflow by acting as a clinical liaison between all modalities, radiologist’s, and front desk to maximize clinical services on a daily basis.
- Prepare monthly technologist schedules to coordinate with current hours of operations in order to maximize workflow – including vacations, eTime issues, and related coverage
- Communicate daily department staffing issues/adjustments
- Perform clinical exams as needed in chosen modality
- Coordinate/approve add on “STAT” exams to maximize workflow within the department
- Assist Radiology Manager in development of clinical protocols for use within the entire practice
- Lead contact in the preparation and submission of all ACR accreditations in chosen modalities
- Independently resolve issues and coordinate appropriate departmental resources (clerical, vendor, clinical) when needed to facilitate workflow. Follow up as needed
- Maintain daily contact with Managers and attend and contribute to meetings and agendas
- Inform Radiology Manager, on a daily basis, of all departmental activities needing supervisory action
- Perform all aspects of employee relations including, but not limited to: evaluations, corrective action, time cards, etc.
- Responsible for machine maintenance and recordkeeping of any occurrences
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in all aspects
- Perform other related duties assigned as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, public health, business administration, or related degree
- AART certification/licensure
- 3+ years of experience as a technologist and three years supervisory
- Knowledge of standard policies, procedures and protocols to supervise the department directly
- Knowledge of radiology standards specifically US protocols to evaluate work of technologist
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all staff and physicians
- Proven excellent organizational skills and ability to function independently in all administrative aspects of the standard office-operating environment (typing, WORD, EXCEL etc.)
- Proven skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
- Proven ability to maintain a well-organized, clear, “thinking” approach to all systems
- Proven skill in identifying and resolving problems and patient care issues daily
Core customers and key relationships
- Patients Families and Friends
- Physicians and Other Medical Staff
- External Medical Partners
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $23.22 to $45.43 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.