Clinical Nurse Educator - RN - 2210807
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients…to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal – physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
The Clinical Nurse Educator (Registered Nurse) is responsible for developing clinical orientation programming and continuing education programs for our clinical team members. The Clinical Educator will determine ongoing educational needs in collaboration with the Clinical Operations leadership team. The Clinical Educator Registered Nurse further supports clinical staff adherence to CareMount and OptumCare Policy and procedures and is responsible to ensure educational compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies as well as CareMount Medical policies and procedures, as part of the Clinical Quality Assurance program.
- Develop and implement clinical onboarding strategy for care team, in partnership with clinical operations leadership and under the direction of the Clinical Quality Assurance Program Director
- Develop and implement specialty specific clinical competencies for care team performance
- Provide remediation educational programming for personnel
- Coordinate with Regional Directors, Patient Care Managers and practice staff on clinical performance expectations surrounding identified opportunities for improvement, from initiation through completion
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance regarding clinical education
- Deliver training, education and targeted support to practice staff as applicable
- Proactively identify support opportunities surrounding clinical performance and clinical workflow design
- Maintains up to date knowledge of federal and state regulations standards and guidelines
- Participates in in-service training for personnel
- Collaborates with Clinical Leadership to review any new clinical work flow processes to ensure all clinical compliance measures are met
- Performs related work as required
- Adheres to all CareMount Medical Group’s policies and procedures including OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
- Knowledge of CMM procedures for varying specialties and their impact on practice health and safety
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with medical leadership, senior leadership team, and department managers/supervisors
- Ability to foster a patient-centered environment in development of educational programming
- Ability to educate and facilitate with regard to necessary changes
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Typical Physical Demands:
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds
- Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers
- Occasional travel to various practice locations
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in a variety of settings and offices
- Involves frequent contact with employee(s), provider(s), manager(s) and supervisor(s)
- Requires occasional travel within Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Columbia Counties and the five boroughs of New York
- Work may be stressful at times, interaction with others is constant and interruptive
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current, unrestricted state of New York Registered Nurse License
- 5 + years of experience in healthcare operations to include focused experience in Clinical Education and familiarity with federal, state and health and safety standards
- Understanding of New York state guidelines for CLIA waived testing
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills and PC and Microsoft Office Proficiency
- 5+ years of experience in the clinical setting
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $58,300 to $114,300 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.