Supervisor, Patient Support Center Operations - Torrance, CA - 2208373
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for supervising the 24-hour / 7-days-a-week / 365-days-a-year operations and activities of the Patient Support Center to meet the department’s customer service and patient satisfaction standards. This position has 24-hour accountability of the non-clinical operations unit within the Patient Support Center.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Performs all duties of a Patient Support Center Representative, Lead. when required
- Supervises the daily operations of the department including all workflows, turnaround times, production levels and staffing schedules on a daily and monthly basis, within budgetary and business planning guidelines
- Utilizes HealthCare Partners (HCP) systems to resolve customer needs such as appointments, authorizations, claims, invoices, eligibility, benefits, appeals
- Assures coverage of all shifts as required. Develops and approves staff work schedules
- Takes escalated calls as well as high priority and difficult cases
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation
- Manages own work queues. Monitors and oversees staff work queues
- Drafts policies and procedures and documents the work processes as required. Drafts revisions of policies and procedures as required. Works with management team for approval of all P&Ps
- Ensures adherence to triage and pharmacy protocols as well as departmental and company policies and procedures
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other HealthCare Partners (HCP) departments
- Prepares and presents reports to department management
- Oversight of all timecards, PIP’s, and suggest corrective action plans for are employees and trainees
- Presents information formally and informally to educationally and culturally diverse groups
- Represents department in company projects
- Mentors, coaches and motivates staff. Monitors and evaluates departmental and staff performance and administers staff evaluations
- Recommends staffing adjustments based upon productivity and ACD Reports
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of staff
- Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Is available to participate in supervisory coverage for all HCP recognized holidays and weekend coverage
- Full oversight for the Self Insured and High Deductible team assignments and daily workflows
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in a call center
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 3+ years of call center supervisory experience
- ACD telephone experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to type 35-40 wpm
- Ability to work in rotating shifts
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills in person and on the phone
- Good command of the English language
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player
- Customer service-oriented
- Ability to maintain composure in a challenging situation
- Multilingual preferred
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $48,300 to $94,500 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.