Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Boulder, CO - 2205846
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator is a member of a high performing, dynamic Clinic Operations Support Team (COST) under the Patient Service Center (PSC) responsible for timely and accurate data entry and validation that is essential to the PSC and Clinic operations by working together to deliver an exceptional patient experience. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing and processing information within the appropriate systems according to established business rules and performance goals for accuracy and efficiency.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have the flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM MST. Our office is located at 4990 Pearl East Circle, Boulder, CO, 80301.
We offer 6 weeks of paid training. The hours of training will be during normal business hours or will be discussed on your first day of employment. Training will be conducted on – site.
- Reviewing documents and scanning them into medical records
- Data Entry, including patient identifying information
- This individual will be part of the Clinic Operations Support Team (COST) reporting under the Patient Service Center (PSC)
- Work collaboratively with Clinic Leaders (Providers, Admins, and clinic staff) and PSC Leadership
- Maintains accuracy of customer resource applications (e.g., Clinic / Provider Directory) to ensure our customers have the most current guidance published to properly care for our patients
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the level of support the COST provides to our customers
- Customer Focus. Assesses customers’ needs and considers customer in all decision – making processes to ensure a positive customer experience
- Communicates with management all issues that impact the accurate, timely and complete accomplishment of all assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to management recommendations for process improvement
- Displays dignity and respect in all interactions
- Identifies and performs appropriate action in situations where it is necessary to obtain appropriate documentation for proper advancement
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Conducts research to provide the right information that is requested
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for all decisions and completed duties
- Takes initiative and requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests
- Acknowledge, address, and respond in a professional and timely manner to all correspondence received
- Monitor, track, validate, and / or integrate data information and requests into our customer resources
- Identify the level of urgency of requests that have immediate impact to business operations
- Regular, consistent, and timely attendance
- Performs all other duties as assigned
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi – task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience with using Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work on – site at 4990 Pearl East Circle, Boulder, CO, 80301
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (Domestic) to a local healthcare facility
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM MST from Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- 1+ years of healthcare customer experience
- Experience with EPIC
- Medical facility (non – clinical) office experience
- Experience with using Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables)
- Ability to professionally communicate with leadership, including but not limited to physicians and senior level leadership
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and pro-actively offer solutions
- Ability to pro – actively anticipate business needs and follow – up accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and complete project requirements in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to effectively multi – task and prioritize
- Ability to easily adapt to changing environment and priorities
- Ability to communicate instructions to others
Physical and Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.