Actuarial Analyst Intern, E&I UnitedHealthOne - Fort Worth, TX - 2190472
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Actuaries are the decision-making engine for our business. That is why we support you from day one by offering guidance and assistance with exams. Our businesses serve the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more, providing you with a career that is challenging, exciting, and integral in helping to write the history of healthcare.
**Housing assistance may be available dependent on your distance from the office**
**This Early Careers finance opportunity in actuarial will be available starting in June 2024**
This position will join the USHEALTH Group Actuarial Pricing team in Fort Worth, TX. USHEALTH Group manufactures and distributes affordable and innovative health coverage and supplemental products for individuals under age 65. This will be an in-person role with a hybrid in-office and remote work schedule.
The Actuarial Summer Internship Program offers:
- Focused career development opportunities
- Networking with senior leadership
- Formal mentorship program
- Sponsored social and volunteer activities
- Meaningful, relevant, and current project work critical to managing our business
- Potential areas of focus: Pricing
- Providing moderately complex analytical support to actuaries in the development and implementation of recommendations
- Conducting and documenting moderately complex analysis and research
- Preparing, forecasting, and analyzing trends
- Initiating, compiling and preparing analytical models, tools and databases
- Assisting in developing innovative strategies, policies and procedures
- Providing detailed summaries, reports and recommendations to assist in managerial decision making
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship – internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another related technical field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- One or more actuarial exams passed
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.