Senior Customer Service Representative - Remote in San Antonio, TX - 2207298
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.SM
It’s that time, isn’t it? You’re ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills and it just so happens that there’s never been a better time to get on the team at WellMed. We’ve built one of the world’s most effective and respected claims call teams. And that’s where you come in. We’ll look to you to maintain our reputation for service and provide a positive claims experience. We’ll back you with the great training, support and opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 5 company leader.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 19500 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78257.
We offer 5 weeks of on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Review and research incoming healthcare claim calls from providers (doctors, clinics, etc) by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and verifies the data/information necessary for processing (e.g. pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Communicate and collaborate with providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality and attendance
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You’ll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Working knowledge with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be 18 years OR older
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm CST from Monday – Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Health care experience
- Reside within a commutable distance to 19500 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78257.
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to remain organized, focused, and productive on highly detailed repetitive tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to independently research issues using multiple information sources
- Ability to de-escalate calls, listen to customer needs and respond appropriately with compassion and empathy
- Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time, including managing calls while also navigating multiple computer systems
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.