Associate Director of Accounting - 2210482
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting governance and policy management of UHG Corporate Services Finance and will be a key leader on this Finance team. This is a newly created role that will have exposure and impact at an enterprise level as a strategy and process leader for real estate transactions & accounting. This position will be a partner to customers in finance and operations to ensure that business decisions are supported by accurate accounting and are properly recorded. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place, monitored and remediated when necessary.
- Corporate Services Finance team lead for the Accounting sub function; key finance resource to both departmental stakeholders and internal customers
- Lead small-to-medium, cross-functional projects that will establish financial processes to improve Corporate Services financial controls
- Coordinate with Real Estate Strategy and UHG segment finance teams to identify, record and communicate lease transactions in support of business decisions
- Prepare, document and record lease transactions that require technical accounting
- Primary source of input for UHG’s proprietary lease accounting system; monitor and ensure accounting controls are operating effectively
- Deliver month-end and forecast entries, reporting and analysis in support of Corporate Services balance sheet; including accuracy of legal entity and intercompany accounting
- Research and validate a suite of real estate-based balance sheet reconciliations, including lease assets, property taxes and fixed assets; among others
- Partner with Corporate Services Transaction Management for lease contract review
- Participate in M&A activities as the Accounting subject-matter-expert for Real Estate
- Governance for third party finance team for UHG accounting policies and practices
- Audit support lead for Corporate Services Finance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 2+ years of managerial experience of professional finance staff
- Demonstrated experience:
- technical accounting; researching US GAAP accounting policies and translating the findings into practical applications
- leading cross-functional projects to implement accounting processes
- managing a suite of balance sheet reconciliations
- Licensed CPA (or expired CPA)
- Experience with lease accounting and/or accounting standard ASC 842
- Experience with international customers
- PeopleSoft & Hyperion Essbase experience
- Experience in providing audit support for lease and/or real estate matters
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $104,700 to $190,400 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.