Bilingual (English / Spanish) Healthcare Representative - Hartford, CT - 2209077
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you’re fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast – growing environment.
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Healthcare Representative, you will interview and advocate for patients and their families to obtain maximum benefit coverage in a hospital or healthcare setting
This position is full-time. Tuesday – Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9am – 5:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at St. Francis Hospital 114 Woodland St. Hartford, CT.
We offer 8-10 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8am to 5:30pm, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted on-site
- Interview patients in a hospital setting and work effectively with hospital personnel to assist patients with obtaining maximum benefit coverage
- Complete applications for state and federal programs
- Review medical records and take all necessary actions to expedite benefit approval
- Adhere to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI)
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems
- Determine when to use a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced hospital or healthcare environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience within a hospital or healthcare environment
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work on site in Hartford, CT
- Previous experience communicating with patients & staff with various educational & socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to work full time, Tuesday – Saturday – 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for clients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- General office demands
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking in hospital facilities
- Adherence to facility masking requirements at all times
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.54 – $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.