Healthcare Representative - Greenwood, SC - 2209098
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Healthcare Representative, you will interview and advocate for patients and their families to obtain maximum benefit coverage in a hospital or healthcare setting
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1325 Spring Street, Greenwood South Carolina 29646 – South Regional Hospital.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted onsite.
- Interview patients in a hospital setting and work effectively with hospital personnel to assist patients with obtaining maximum benefit coverage
- Complete applications for state and federal programs
- Review medical records and take all necessary actions to expedite benefit approval
- Adhere to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI)
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems
- Determine when to use a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced hospital or healthcare environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service within a hospital OR healthcare environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience communicating with patients & staff with various educational & socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time between local healthcare facilities
- Ability to work onsite at South Regional Hospital, 1325 Spring Street Greenwood South Carolina 29646
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 05:00PM
- Ability to assist with occasional events, outside normal working hours
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- 1+ years of face-to-face patient interaction within a hospital OR healthcare environment
- Bilingual fluency in English / Spanish
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for clients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- General office demands
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking in hospital facilities
- Adherence to facility masking requirements at all times
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.