Executive Assistant - Remote in Eden Prairie, MN - 2210324
If you are located within a 30-mile commutable distance of 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.SM
The Executive Assistant will support Executives and / or Senior Managers with senior level administration services including: answering the telephone, typing / word processing of documents, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, faxing, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance. This is a fast – paced working environment that requires the ability to multi – task with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, weekends, and based on President’s availability and business need. Our office is located at 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN.
We offer weeks of paid on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST from Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Create / maintain calendars and coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Create / prepare meeting materials (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint deck; agendas, room setup) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and / or set up resources and technology needed for meetings / events
- Data Integration and Synthesis
- Make travel arrangements for meeting attendees and host, coordinate, and / or facilitate meetings / external events as needed
- Support Concur expense reporting for the executive team
- Complete and correctly submit required Service Requests to support department needs
- Track requests for on – time completion
- Take proactive measures to prevent missed deadlines
- Accurate / on time submissions of Service Request forms
- Support Senior team members in preparing presentations
- Interface with external customers and internal Executive Leaders
- Proactive assessment of needs of Senior Leader team
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED and / OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- Proficient level of skill with using all Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with working in a fast – paced, matrix organization
- Experience with handling all aspects of meeting production and organization; scheduling, catering, room preparation, etc.
- Ability to work on – site for at least 4 days a month
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, weekends, and based on President’s availability and business need
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Must have a polished demeanor and be comfortable in working with people at all levels
- Ability to provide high quality, consistent services to the various leaders within the department
- Experience with Concur and / OR Ariba
- Experience with using Microsoft Visio
- Experience with booking international travel
- Previous experience with supporting C suite level
- Experience with supporting leaders who are working remotely
- Reside within a 30-mile commutable distance of 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.