Physician - Primary Care (Family or Internal Medicine) | ProHealth Physicians - Scappaticci & Licata - 2206519
ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses, is seeking a motivated and patient-centric Adult Primary Care Physician to join our growing practice in Bristol, Connecticut at Drs. Scappaticci and Licata who specialize in patients 16 and older. Optum is a clinician-led care organization that is changing the way clinicians work and live every day.
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Here, you’ll have the clinical resources, data, and support of a global organization behind you so that you can help your patients live healthier lives. You’ll work alongside talented peers in a collaborative environment that is guided by diversity and inclusion while driving towards a Quadruple Aim of Affordability in Healthcare, Quality Measures and Outcomes, Satisfaction of Patients, and Well-Being of our own Clinicians. We believe you deserve an exceptional career and will empower you to live your best life at work and at home. Experience the fulfillment of advancing health in the communities we serve with the excitement of contributing to new practice ideas and initiatives that could help improve care for millions of patients across the country. Because, together, we have the power to make health care better for everyone. Our goal is to align purpose with opportunity for a mutual fit. So, join us today and discover how rewarding a career in medicine can be while Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Physician-led, patient-centered, team-based, supportive primary care environment
- Three-year compensation guarantee + Supplemental Income Opportunities
- (optional) On-Call, No Evenings nor Weekends
- Moderate scheduling templates promoting Work and Life Balance
- Partner and collaborate with strong Advanced Practice Clinicians and care teams
- Educate and empower your patients to take ownership of their health
- Growth, Teaching, and Leadership Opportunities (if interested)
- Multiple practice locations across Connecticut in Adult Medicine – Primary Care
- National backing (Optum) with local pulse and culture (ProHealth Physicians)
- High-earning potential for hard-work
- Seeking a Full-Time commitment of 34 direct patient care hours per week (4 days/wk)
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of relationship building, clinical innovation and transformation while keeping the patient at the center of care
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- You can differentiate your experience throughout your career (location/work-environment) while maintaining your tenure as an employee at Optum
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Competitive compensation – (3yr) Guarantee with Quality + Productivity incentives
- Supplemental Income Opportunities
- Dedicated PTO and CME time and allowance
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Loan repayment support program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (UHG Stock) at discount
- Company paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Physician partnership and incentive for growth opportunities with Optum
- High earning potential while focusing on Quality vs Quantity
About ProHealth Physicians:
ProHealth Physicians, a part of Optum, is Connecticut’s leading health care delivery organization providing Primary Care across the state for over 25 years. We are focused on reinventing health care to help keep people healthier and feeling their best, not constantly in the hospital system. This is the premise behind value-based care. Our family of primary care providers care for more than 360,000 people statewide across the lifespan. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and well-being for nearly three decades.
Our premier group currently employs nearly 250 Physicians and 150 APCs in Primary Care with areas of focus in family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatric medicine.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Connecticut) or ability to obtain prior to start
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Active, unrestricted CSR and DEA or ability to obtain prior to start
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $249,728 to $355,092 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.