Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Jacksonville, FL - 2211023
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you’re ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let’s talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let’s talk about smart, motivated teams. Let’s talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry.
This is the way to make a difference. We’re doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work an 8-hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 9655 Florida Mining Blvd Suite 411, Jacksonville, FL 32257
We offer 2-3 weeks of paid training. will shadow for about 1 week, on week 3 will still receiving referrals. Can take up to 6 months to be fully training. Training will be conducted onsite.
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities, and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification, and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Must be 18 years of age OR Older
- 1+ years of customer service experience fast paced, high volume office, call center, or healthcare setting
- 1+ years of experience working in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting (i.e. handling referrals, intake processes, handling high volume of calls, triaging patients)
- 1+ years of experience working within the health care Industry and with healthcare insurance (insurance benefit verification, prior authorizations)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save documents and spreadsheets) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- On-call rotation every 4th week (after hours Tuesday evening – Monday); ABLE TO WORK WEEKEND FROM HOME (DURING ON-CALL ONLY)
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 9:00am – 5:30pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Ability to work onsite in 9655 Florida Mining Blvd Suite 411, Jacksonville, FL 32257
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a call center
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.