RN EMR Support - Remote in Eugene, OR - 2211336
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
The RN EMR Support serves the patient, the physician and other staff members by serving as a liaison between the patient and healthcare provider, using effective listening and communicating skills.
- Answer and evaluate telephone inquiries regarding patient medical needs
- Conduct sound nursing assessments. May offer alternatives following established guidelines and protocols
- Refer inquiries to appropriate resource
- Perform data entry at time of call (where applicable)
- Promptly seek emergency interaction for the patient as needed
- Report situations needing administrative interaction to the clinic manager
- Participate in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Maintain strictest confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of accredited nursing school
- Current Oregon RN license
- Healthcare provider level BLS/CPR certification
- 4+ years of professional nursing experience in a clinical, home care, medical/surgical, or ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record system
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.