Independent Nurse Practitioner or Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care - Brentwood, PA - 2210749
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Independent Nurse Practitioner or Independent Physician Assistant, Urgent Care to join our team in Brentwood, PA. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Full licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally.
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant with a current, unrestricted license in the state where this job will be performed
- 2+ years of experience working independently
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the area
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.