Ophthalmology Assistant I - 2207800
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Medical Assistant at Optum, you will learn from health care experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. We’ll offer you more than talent, resources and can-do culture. We’ll offer you a chance to improve the lives of others while helping improve the lives of millions.
- Delivering high quality patient care through face-to-face, telephone and electronic contact with for the purpose of examination, treatment, monitoring, and preparation for diagnostic tests or procedure
- Collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies, health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with patient care procedures as directed
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Assist with tasking, phone calls, and messages; document all actions taken
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper-based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Prepare and clean patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol while maintaining infection control
- Under the direction of the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist, other duties may include Basic Vision exam and screening, Lensometry, Auto Refraction, Tonometry, Pachymetry, Brightness Acuity Test, Color test, Visual Field test, and Intraocular Lens Measurements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program
- AHA/BLS certification
- 1+ years of experience in an ambulatory care setting (Ophthalmology/Optometry)
- Electronic medical records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.