Medical Social Worker - Springfield, MO - 2207034
$2,500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
The primary role of the Social Worker (SW) is to assess the psychosocial needs of members and provide solution-focused care coordination to address issues that limit their ability to address their health care needs through a combination of in home, telephonic and virtual visits. The social worker is an active member of the Interdisciplinary care team (IDT).
If you are located in Springfield, MO, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitating serious illness and advance care planning discussions with the patient and family
- Assessing the patient’s and family’s strengths and needs and developing a collaborative care plan
- Connecting patient and / or patient’s family / caregiver to appropriate community resources and supports
- Providing a combination of brief therapeutic interventions and solution focused care management
- Utilizing motivational interviewing and other psychotherapeutic techniques to elicit behavior change
- Navigating community resources and developing community partnerships to improve access to care and ease of systems navigation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Active, unrestricted LMSW or LCSW in the state of Missouri
- 2+ years of social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel within the designated service delivery area
- Experience in delivering homecare or field case management
- Palliative and/or hospice care experience
- Proven excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.