Licensed Medical Social Worker Buffalo Hybrid - 2210071
$2,500 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The primary role of the Social Worker (SW) is to assess the psychosocial needs of members and provide solution-focused care coordination to address issues that impede their ability to adhere to their medical care plan. The SW is an active member of the Interdisciplinary care team (IDT). Social work services will be provided in the patient’s home, telephonically and/or video.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This is a Monday-Friday role based from your home office, with field visits as needed. The in office requirement is two times per month.
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm, No weekends, evenings, or Holidays
On-site location: 701 Seneca St. Buffalo, NY 142210
- Facilitating serious illness and advance care planning discussions with the patient and family
- Assessing the patient’s and family’s strengths and needs and developing a collaborative care plan
- Connecting patient and / or patient’s family / caregiver to appropriate community resources and supports
- Providing a combination of brief therapeutic interventions and solution focused care management
- Utilizing motivational interviewing and other psychotherapeutic techniques to elicit behavior change
- Navigating community resources and developing community partnerships to improve access to care and ease of systems navigation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree (MSW) in Social Work
- LMSW – Meet all NY state certification and licensing requirements
- 2+ years of social work experience post-master’s degree (internship not included)
- 2+ years of social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Proven excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
- Palliative and/or hospice care experience
- Experience in delivering homecare or field case management
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $58,300 to $114,300 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.