Echocardiographer - 2205321
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for using high-frequency sound waves to create images of the human heart. Performs adult echocardiography, pediatric echocardiography or fetal echocardiography. Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed related to patient clinical care and safety.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Performs 2D, 3D echocardiography, spectral doppler, color doppler and tissue doppler imaging
- Calculates various methods of ultrasound measurements and calculations
- Understands aortic stenosis protocols and E-Valve studies
- Perform stress and resting echocardiography
- Identifies and participates in quality improvement projects for the site
- Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical operations policies and procedures manual and identifies deficiencies and recommends changes
- Ensures compliance in licensing, certification and competencies
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certificate in non-invasive cardiovascular technology with an emphasis in echocardiology from an accredited two-year program
- Current Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer certification from ARDMS
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 3+ years of experience as a Cardiac Sonographer
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $28.03 to $54.95 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.