Patient Access Registration Representative (Heart and Vascular Center) - Waukesha, WI - 2206912
Opportunities with ProHealth Care, part of the Optum family of businesses. ProHealth Care is proud to be a leader in health care services, serving Waukesha County and the surrounding areas for more than a century. Explore opportunities across the full spectrum of care as you help us improve the well-being of the community with your skills, compassion, and innovation. Be part of a collaborative environment that strives for excellence, nurtures respect, and ensures high-quality care delivery to our patients. Join us in making an impact and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work 8-hour shifts between 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST. Our primary office location is at 725 American Ave., Waukesha, WI, 53188 and there is potential for occasional work at either of these secondary locations: 240 Maple Ave., Mukwonago, WI, 53149 OR 1185 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, WI, 53066.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours of the training will be based on schedule or will be discussed on your first day of employment. Training will be conducted on – site.
- Greets visitors and patients in person, or communicates by telephone, upholding excellent customer service.
- Enters and updates patient demographic and financial information, ensuring the patient is fully registered as early in the process as possible.
- Obtains appropriate applications and forms, confirming signatures are on file. Photocopies / scans documents as needed.
- Provides patients with financial responsibility information and collects patient liabilities, documents amounts in the appropriate fields, and balances the cash box daily.
- Works with partnering departments (Financial Counseling, Scheduling, Financial Clearance, and clinical areas) to ensure all aspects of the patient’s encounter are completed as needed.
- Provides wayfinding instructions and assists with hospital information as requested.
- Meets or exceeds audit accuracy standards. Works worklists and error reports timely, and proactively seeks assistance to resolve as needed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Products
- Previous customer service experience in an office setting OR professional work environment
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST from Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with electronic medical records system
- Experience in a medical office OR hospital admitting / registration office
- Typing and PC proficiency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast – paced environments
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.