Customer Service Advocate - Remote in WI or MN - 1037617
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want – apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work during our normal business hours of 11:35 AM – 8:05 PM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 18 weeks of paid on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM CST from Monday – Friday. Then training will continue remote with candidates needing to be flexible to work 8 hour shifts between the hours of 9:30 am-8:05 pm CST as schedules will change towards the end of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Watch this video to understand the expectations of being a remote worker with UnitedHealthcare.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work during our normal business hours of 11:35 AM – 8:05 PM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Reside in the State of Wisconsin or Minnesota
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service via cable/DSL in home (Minimum Download speed of 10 Mbps and minimum Upload speed of 2 Mbps)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.