Mammography Technologist - PRN - 2203801
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function performs mammography procedures per department protocol. Responsible for daily operations of the mammography room including patient schedules, quality assessment of equipment and reporting equipment failures.
- Greets and prepares patients for examination, explains specific procedures to be performed.
- Performs screening or diagnostic mammography exams using excellent positioning and exposure techniques and examines developed films for technical quality. Follows written order or self-referral policy.
- Conducts quality control tests following ACR, Manufacture Quality Control Manuals and department policy and procedure manuals.
- Ensures both patient images and quality control tests are processed appropriately and stored in PAC’s.
- Correctly begins and ends all patients in the Imagecast RIS system.
- Maintains current ARRT, CPR, and State of Nevada certifications; provides supervisor with proof of continuing education.
- Uploads comparison CD’s into PAC’s.
- Ensures all associated paperwork is scanned into PAC’s or sent to HIM’s
- May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is certified or licensed in those modalities.
- Accurately maintains patient’s imaging records utilizing the radiology information systems, (R.I.S.), Touch Works (All scripts), and PACS/Synapse application in accordance to HIPAA, and established SMA guidelines, Policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate for their work. Makes appropriate communication to appropriate persons as necessary.
- Maintains radiology equipment calling for service as necessary and makes appropriate communication. Maintains work area in a neat/clean order. Assists and maintains supply par level/ and maintains storage areas.
- Follows all safety standards and work practices in the work place. Uses radiation safety and practices when operating radiologic equipment that emits radiation.
- Follows modality standard of work
- Maintains attendance with work schedules. May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is trained passing department competencies, certified or licensed in those modalities. May also be assigned to other sites, shifts, and dates based on operational needs.
- Will comply with annual mandatory Fit testing, TB testing as a job requirement. Maintain mandatory web courses as assigned.
- Participates in meetings/huddles with attendance and discussion
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an approved AMA Radiologic Technology program
- High school or GED
- Current CPR
- Current ARRT and Nevada State Mammography license
- ARRT (M) certification
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and results with patients and providers
- Proven flexible to work overtime and on call as needed
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven skilled in properly positioning patients to provide quality imaging
- Willing or ability to rotate within Imaging Services Department to include satellite offices
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of Mammography experience
- Advanced knowledge of radiology equipment, testing and safety hazards related to radiology
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of mammography procedures and diagnosis
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Proven basic computer skills, RIS and PACS
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $28.03 to $54.95 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment