Hybrid Care Coordinator - Birmingham, AL - 2209480
If you are within a commutable distance of 300 Vestavia Parkway, Suite 2300, Birmingham, AL, 35216, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental, and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.SM
The Care Coordinator role is a critical member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role reports to reports to the Care Coordinator Supervisor, or Senior Operations Manager. Responsibilities are to ensure a positive patient experience with Landmark, as well as to build good relationships with local provider groups to ensure that Landmark is a reliable and trusted partner in patient care.
Our office is located at 300 Vestavia Parkway, Suite 2300, Birmingham, AL, 35216. Employees will be required to work some days onsite and some days from home.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer up to 2 – 3 weeks of paid virtual, peer – related, on-the-job training. After training is completed, you will be required to work a hybrid work schedule between home and on – site.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Regular contact with provider groups to collect clinical data
- Support patients in scheduling home visits
- Ensure that Landmark has all documentation available regarding patient conditions
- Support Landmark providers and Nurse Care Managers with operational and clinical tasks
- Handle escalated patient issues, ensuring the appropriate resources are involved
- Follow triage protocol when needed
- Other duties may be assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Basic proficiency with using Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft Word (opening, reading, saving files), Microsoft Excel (open, enter, edit, save data), and Microsoft PowerPoint (open, create, and / or edit, present presentation)
- Intermediate proficiency with using Microsoft Outlook (email, calendar, scheduling)
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST from Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Experience with using Microsoft Teams
- Experience with escalated customer service issue resolution
- Prior experience in working with triage protocol
- Ability to type at the speed of 40+ WPM (words per minute)
- Experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant (experience with working in a medical office setting and / OR Medical Assistant), OR other clinical or front office administrative role in a health care setting
- Reside within a commutable distance of 300 Vestavia Parkway, Suite 2300, Birmingham, AL, 35216
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Critical thinking skills and flexibility
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions; Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance / Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self – development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
Physical and Work Environment:
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.