Radiology Tech at WellMed Harlingen - 2196180
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function coordinates and performs diagnostic radiology procedures utilizing computerized medical imaging equipment as ordered by the physician.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific and other developmental needs of each person served
- Performs a variety of quality radiology procedures using utilizing CR equipment
- Correctly formats images, prints films/CD, and sends to the PACS
- Processes, logs and tracks over-read reports and film/CD requests from outside providers
- Provides radiation protection to patients and staff, consistent with current Texas Department of Health standards and regulations
- Maintains supplies, checks equipment status daily and reports any problems that could change the workflow
- Maintains all equipment and paperwork in compliance with TDH standards and regulations as coordinated through the Radiation Safety Office
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent
- ARRT registered and MRT certified by the Texas Department of Health. Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health and meet continuing education requirements at all times
- 1+ years experience as a radiology technologist
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a radiology clinic preferred with focused experience performing x-rays
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using pounds of force
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.