Clinic Supervisor at Primary Care Plus - 2205115
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Clinic Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the daily activities within a clinical setting.
The supervisor performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities as well as project assignments and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinic. Serves as a liaison between the clinic and corporate staff in functions, including but not limited to instructing employees on specific policies, procedures, and protocols necessary for clinic operations. Perform and follow through with clerical/administrative activities inherent to the operation and needs of the clinic.
Supervise the daily operations of clinic staff: direct, train, and coordinate staff, monitor employee performance, and apply Primary Care Plus work standards to daily operations
- Serve as an escalation point for patient concerns and questions. Assist staff with complex patient situations requiring intervention from a higher authority
- Monitor policy and procedure updates to identify updates that are applicable to team members. Apprise staff of changes
- Assist staff with the implementation of workflow changes
- Participate in the hiring and selection of candidates for employment
- Assigns employees to workstations daily
- Observes staff job performance and provides feedback to the Regional Manager
- Performs clinic /administrative tasks as directed by Regional Manager
- Coordinates employee time off requests
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and monitoring of inventory supply
- Works closely with the Regional Clinic Manager to implement clinic protocols approved by leadership
- Assist Regional Clinic Manager with projects and initiatives, as assigned
- When staffing necessitates, will fulfill the duties of the Patient Services Representative and/or Medical Assistant positions
- Assist with outbound calls for the purpose of confirming and rescheduling appointments according to protocol and other special projects
- Adhere to guidelines concerning work hours and dress codes
- Manage end of day business processes, including bank deposits
- Adhere to patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Supervises all support staff, including but not limited to patient services reps. and medical assistants
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Ability to pleasantly interact with patients and co-workers
- Ability to speak clearly, read and understand oral and written directions
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail-orientated, organized, and self-motivated
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well; leads by example
- Supervisory skills – staff planning, decision making, remain available to staff, provides regular feedback, develops staff skills, encouraging growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in clinic or medical office environment
- 1+ years of experience supervising a clinical staff
- EMR experience
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Medical Assistant Certification
Physical Demands/Working Condition:
- No unusual or outstanding physical demands
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.