Physician Pathways Program - WellMed - Corpus Christi, TX - 2163180
Get ready to put your training into practice with the Physician Pathways Program at Optum. As a part of the Optum network, WellMed is seeking career-minded, final-year residents and fellows ready to get a head start on their clinical career with a forward-thinking organization that is transforming the future of care. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Receive a guaranteed salary in your final year of training
- Enhance the experience of your final months of training and eliminate the burden of job searching
- Learn how to operate and thrive in a value-based care model, in a system that is driving population health initiatives
- Grow exposure to the Quadruple Aim framework and various understandings of care settings
- Mentorship from experienced physicians within your future practice, easing transition from training into practice
- The customized program will be completed at WellMed and/or virtually with deep exposure to primary and specialty care, a practice environment that requires a commitment of only a few hours per month.
What makes Optum different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak for their license
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Texas
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local organizations
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be transitioning into your final year of residency or fellowship, or early into their final year.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Preferred candidate will be a local physician resident in Texas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and Florida.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.