Plan Advisor Representative - Remote in West Virginia - 1037563
If you are located within the state of West Virginia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
We have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want – apply today! We provide the support and structure; you provide the interest and motivation.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
You like working with people. Even more so, you like helping them. When you join us as a Senior Customer Service Representative for UnitedHealthcare, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our members and their families each day as they look to you as their trusted advisor and advocate. You’ll be empowered to compassionately deliver an exceptional experience – always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You’ll help them understand and make informed decisions about their care services by assisting them with their needs from start to finish. You will answer their questions, and may resolve outstanding issues, schedule appointments, or help them to enroll in and/or select a health care plan. Here, you’ll join us on a mission to deliver the best customer service in the health care industry. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 10 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 9:00am – 5:30pm EST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience when responding to and resolving customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Research complex issues (such as Medical, Dental, Flex Spending, Pharmacy, etc.) across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Own issue through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Apply creative solutions and effective problem-solving techniques to address members’ needs.
- Educate the member on health incentives offered by their employer as well as consumer driven health products; HSA, HRA, and HDHP – some resulting in additional healthcare dollars for the member to utilize.
- Educate the caller on the benefits of a primary care physician and help to ensure/educate that all preventive screenings have been completed.
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the member to assist with appointment scheduling or other matters when needed.
- Address complex issues with an awareness of when to refer complicated situations to various departments or leadership for further assistance.
- Translate healthcare-related terms or terminology and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions which members can understand.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience in an office or professional setting
- Ability to successfully complete the training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material.
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design
- Reside within the state of West Virginia
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Prior experience utilizing multiple systems/platforms while on a call with a member.
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in a respectful, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests, and identify the current and future needs of the member.
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities.
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations.
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrate personal resilience.
- Ability to multi-task as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule and work over-time as needed.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.