Pathways Physician Resident - 2195686
At OptumCare, we share what might be a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of the OptumCare network, New West Physicians is seeking for a PGY3 Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Resident (2nd year going into 3rd year) or completing a fellowship to join our Primary Care Pathway Program.
- This is a temporary role intended for 3rd year physician residents, interested in pursuing a full-time role with our Colorado Springs group following completion of residency.
- OptumCare will educate and prepare the Physician for next generation population health models in a top-notch patient and provider setting.
- The customized program will be completed at New West facilities and/or virtually with deep exposure to primary care within a team-based practice environment that will require a commitment of few hours per month.
- Physician Resident will receive an adjusted annual salary and sign-on bonus.
What makes an OptumCare Organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak for their license
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organization in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Southern Nevada
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be transitioning into the 3rd year of residency or early into the 3rd year or completing a fellowship
- Preferred candidate will be a local physician resident in Colorado
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $40,000 to $50,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.