Phlebotomist - Farmington, CT - 2206553
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state’s residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
- Location: Farmington, CT, 06433
- Department: Primary Care / Internal Medicine
- Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/weekly, Monday through Friday
- Performs venipuncture following infection control processes
- Maintains knowledge of all routine container and minimum volumes required for specimen collection
- Identifies and labels specimens Collect and verify demographic information Update insurance information as needed
- Carry out standing orders consistent with practice policies and procedures
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Maintain open lines of communications with care team and Regional Management team
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and company policies
- Adhere to all patient safety initiatives and infection control regulations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registration as a Medical Assistant (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, etc) or Phlebotomist (NPA, NHA, CPT, etc)
- 1+ years of phlebotomy experience
- Experience working with an electronic health record (EPIC)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.