Optum Unity Health Network Primary Care Physicians - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - 2205894
Location is Cuyahoga Falls OH – Family or Internal Medicine MD/DO
Careers at Unity Health Network, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Unity Health Network is the largest independent physician network in Northeast Ohio. Our infrastructure enables us to provide extensive primary care services and diverse specialty care offerings while removing non-medical business functions from our clinical staff, allowing them to concentrate on care delivery. Our team is growing, and we are looking for more health care professionals who want to be part of an organization that is driven by excellence. You can be part of a dedicated health care team that provides high quality and timely patient-centered services. In return, we will provide you with competitive opportunities that are driven to change the future of health care delivery and your career. Come develop your potential and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of the OptumCare network, Unity Health Network is seeking Primary Care physicians to join our growing team at various locations throughout Ohio. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
Open to the following: Med Ped Physician, Family, and Internal Medicine
- Compliance with all coding and documentation requirements
- Practice evidence-based medicine
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with members, facility staff, and other collaborating physicians/providers
- Completes follow-up and post-hospital assessments according to documented standard operating procedure
- Participates in management meetings that include, but may not limited to:
- Weekly case conference reviews
- Monthly staff meetings
- Schedule Joint Operating Committee meetings
- Quarterly Quality Improvement Committee meetings
- Continuing education/journal club programs
- Weekly case conference reviews
- Implements HEDIS measure campaigns and other quality initiatives as directed by Corporate Health Services to ensure the highest standards of care and to promote the improvement of care management and delivery
- Requires participation in clinical on-call program
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings, and journal reviews
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
Our Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics network consists of a broad scope of providers and medical services. Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment, offering a value-based practice model with a diversified patient base, competitive salary, and benefits
- Fewer patients per day, longer patient visits
- Flexible scheduling options
- Provide care across the continuum, focusing on value-based care and supported by a robust team of specialists
- Procedures can include, but not limited to simple skin surgery, fracture care, joint injections, etc.
- Full-time, schedule 4.5 workdays per week
- Open to BC/BE Family, Internal, Medicine
- Must be comfortable working with advanced providers
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
Optum’s robust compensation and benefits package includes:
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Competitive compensation model
- 401k Plan
- CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Company paid malpractice insurance.
- Short term/Long term Disability
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Clinician learning and development programs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted medical licensure in the state of Ohio, or able to obtain
- Active and unrestricted DEA License, or ability to obtain
- Board certified M.D. or D.O. or eligible Family or Internal Medicine
- On call participation
- Maintenance of privileges with no restrictions at hospital where procedures will be performed
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Interest in teaching
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.