Senior Pharmacy Technician - 2210334
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Senior Pharmacy Technician fills an important role for Optum Infusion Services, focused on enhancing the quality of compounded products for our patients and providing better health outcomes. The Special Projects Sterile Compounding Technician will be responsible for supporting various pharmacy operations, primarily focusing on sterile compounding activities across multiple locations. This role requires a high level of expertise in sterile compounding practices and adherence to regulatory standards. This role involves working in cleanrooms and pharmacy environments where sterile compounding takes place. Travel to different locations and occasional weekend or evening work might be required based on operational needs. This position plays a critical role in maintaining the integrity of sterile compounding practices across various pharmacy settings. This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you’ll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently or in a team/group setting. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
If you reside in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Lenexa, KS, Phoenix, AZ, or Cincinnati, OH, you will work onsite at one of the following office locations:
Houston, TX: 8888 Interchange Dr, Ste 119 Houston, TX 77054
Jacksonville, FL: 9655 Florida Mining Blvd West, Ste 411 Jacksonville FL 32257
Lenexa, KS: 15529 College Blvd Lenexa, KS 66219
Phoenix, AZ: (Chandler) 485 S Juniper Dr. Suite 2, Chandler, AZ 85226
Cincinnati, OH: 7167 E. Kemper Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45249-1028
Please note this position will require 75% travelling to provide coverage in different locations within the United States.
- Perform aseptic compounding of medications in compliance with USP <797> and <800> guidelines, ensuring accuracy and safety in every preparation
- Travel to different pharmacy locations to provide expertise in sterile compounding techniques and assist in addressing operational needs
- Availability to step into different branches as an interim support, establish routines, create resolution and train new teams as needed
- Ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations governing sterile compounding practices and maintain a high level of compliance within the pharmacy
- Assist pharmacists in the sterile compounding of medications following established protocols and procedures across various pharmacy locations
- Operate and maintain sterile compounding equipment and cleanroom facilities in compliance with USP <797> and <800> guidelines
- Assist in managing inventory levels of sterile compounding supplies and medications across different locations
- Maintain accurate records of compounded medications, batch logs, and associated documentation required by regulatory standards Ensure adherence to all cleanroom complex policies and procedures
- Conduct assessments of garbing process, aseptic technique of staff
- Coordinates and participates in the dispensing of all medications, related supplies, and equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local laws
- Performs any other related task as determined by the Pharmacist or Pharmacist-In-Charge or as determined by the State Board of Pharmacy
- Prolonged standing and occasional lifting of supplies may be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- Valid license, registration and/or certification, in good standing, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the Board of Pharmacy in state of residence
- National Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB)
- 2+ years of general knowledge of drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use, and aseptic technique
- 1+ year of Sterile Compounding experience
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel averaging up to 75%, with flexibility for consecutive week travel for critical situations
- Sterile Compounding Certification
- 1+ year of previous experience with Sterile IV Compounding in a Hospital or Specialty Pharmacy Setting
- Multi-state licensure
- Demonstrated ability to train and influence on multiple levels
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.54 to $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.