Internal Audit Analyst - Hybrid in Minnetonka, MN office - 2205773
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Internal Audit Analyst is responsible for assisting with the execution of all internal audit and risk management consulting activity within their designated specialty areas for the company. This role is responsible for supporting the performance of the financial, business process and information systems audits and special projects to assess the existence, effectiveness and efficiency of business controls, financial information, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- With guidance from audit management or audit lead, execute internal audits including: audit planning, detailing control procedures, and the related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards – including financial (Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational projects
- Prepare clear, accurate, and complete workpapers in accordance with department quality standards; meet project timelines and deliverable due dates
- As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report action plans to ensure that the business partners have completed agreed upon action
- Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
Value Based Competencies
- Integrity Value: Act Ethically
- Compassion Value: Focus on Customers
- Relationships Value: Communicate Effectively
- Innovation value: Support Change and Innovation
- Performance Value: Make Fact-Based Decisions
- Performance Value: Deliver Quality Results
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or related discipline
- Local and commutable to Minnetonka, MN offices and willing to work a hybrid work schedule (generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office)
- 6+ months of Public Accounting experience
- Experience in health insurance systems
- Experience working in a complex IT/IS environment
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.