Phlebotomist - Optum - 2209319
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Phlebotomist performs venipuncture and capillary puncture on adults, neonates and pediatric patients; collects urine specimens; performs EKG and spirometry on adult and pediatric patients; participates in the instruction of new personnel; works with computer; communicates in a manner that promotes Laboratory professionalism as well as a comfortable phlebotomy.
- Locations: Lake Success, NY. Bethpage, NY. Huntington, NY. Port Jefferson, NY. Syosset, NY
- Schedule: Full time, 37.5 hours weekly, Monday through Friday hours between 7:30AM – 5:00PM and every other Saturday 7:30AM – 12:00PM
- Blood Collection: from adult and pediatric patients using vacutainer, syringe and butterfly techniques; capillary puncture using heel and fingerstick techniques
- Identifies and labels specimens appropriately
- Instructs patients in regard to urine and stool collection procedures
- Enters accessioning data into the computer
- Prepares specimens for send out testing
- Inventories supplies and prepares phlebotomy stations to effectively collect blood
- Attends required meetings
- Enhances professional growth and development through inservice meetings and education programs
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Performs related work as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Phlebotomy Certification
- Ability to travel between locations as needed
- 1+ years phlebotomy experience
- Pediatric phlebotomy experience
- MD Office work experience
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Frequent standing, walking and bending required for extended periods of time
- Must be able to support the body weight of an adult patient when moving from a chair to an exam table
- Requires visual acuity and normal color perception
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a medical group and laboratory environment.
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.