Associate Patient Care Coordinator - 2203721
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service, and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical, and service goals.
Hours: This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Monday through Friday, an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00pm. The supervisor will determine the schedule. May be asked to float to other offices/locations as needed.
Location: 2010 Wellness Way, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89106
CHECK IN Responsibilities:
- Scans insurance cards, making sure that all paperwork is filled out correctly and signed
- Has consents signed by patients for procedures
- Collects co-pays and co-insurance, deductibles, and balances
- HPN eligibility for all Health Plan patients, new or follow ups. Updating eligibility form in EHR
- Documents in the patient’s chart when films/disks are brought to the office. Responsible for making sure the films/disk get to the correct location
- Scans receipts and patient paperwork
- Keeps the front office/waiting room clean and stocked
- Prints schedules for MA’s and Doctors
- Prints out the progress notes, patient summary and any updates
- Prints no show letters and tasking triage for cysto, biopsy, biopsy results, or CT/bone scan results that are no shows
- Posting payments and balancing the daily logs and money collected
CHECK OUT Responsibilities:
- Reads the doctor/pa orders, schedules office follow up and radiology appointments, radiology referrals. Obtains authorization if needed
- Inputs referrals into the Southwest Medical portal for radiology
- Tasks out for interventional radiology and gives patients proper documents to take to the radiologist with them
- Moves physician schedules as needed
- Requests medical records at the physician’s request
- Puts documents in proper batches and ensures they are counted properly
- Puts labels with patient information on all documents before batching
- Must clean work area daily before leaving and stock properly for the next day
- Any other duties that may arise
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical front office experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Independent means of transportation and the ability to travel 25% of the time to cover other offices as needed
- Knowledge of Nevada health insurance
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge/understanding of CPT/ICD-10 coding
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.