Epic Health Information Management - HIM - Analyst - Remote - 2206899
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s EHR Services represents one of the fastest growing practices within Optum Insight’s Advisory and Implementations business unit. The EHR Services practice is comprised of 600+ individuals across the U.S. and Ireland who are dedicated to improving the healthcare delivery system through the power of healthcare technology, specifically, the EHR and integrated applications and tools. By joining the EHR Services team, you’ll partner with some of the most gifted healthcare technology thought leaders within the industry, collaborate with experienced consulting and healthcare leaders, and help partners capture the benefits of their EHR investment.
Optum seeks an Epic Health Information Management Analyst with hands-on experience in EHR Services implementation and operation projects. They will manage integration teams, train best practices, and align with EHR Services to ensure successful project execution.
Solid candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our EHR Services team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working on HIM configuration changes and builds by maintaining industry and client standards ensuring build quality and timeline adherence as well as debugging and resolving any issues/defects
- Translate user requirements into functional and technical design specifications and review with client(s) to ensure accuracy
- Serve as a mentor/subject matter expert to local and client-based team members
- Lead medium to large complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Function as a liaison between Operations, Information Technology (IT) and Third-Party Systems
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop solid relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Attend, participate in, and contribute to meetings throughout the facility.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active / current Epic certification in at least TWO areas; Epic HIM Hospital Coding, Epic HIM Release of Information, Epic Identity and/or Deficiency Tracking more
- 5+ years of direct client experience
- 4+ years of Epic healthcare experience
- 4+ years of Direct client healthcare domain knowledge such as patient flow, hospital coding, release of information or deficiencies
- 4+ years of Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in relevant applications
- 4+ years of knowledge of revenue cycle metrics, KPIs, and process improvement techniques relative to these areas
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- 4+ years of knowledge in policies and procedures related to the operational functions
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability and history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic’s suite electronic medical record applications from conception through development into production
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision, to balance multiple tasks, be detail oriented, set priorities and complete assignments in a timely manner utilizing excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into system specifications
- Demonstrates a solid ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment