Telephonic Care Navigator - Remote in Multiple Locations (CO, NC, WA, or WI) - 2210042
If you are located within the state of CO, NC, WA, or WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Our Telephonic Care Navigators have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
We offer 3 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be any 8-hour shift between 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM (local time) from Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP/CSNP members utilizing multiple outreach modes: including auto-dialer, manual and inbound calls
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with closure of gaps, including scheduling provider appointments
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to community resources
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Outreaches members on caseload consistent with program guidelines
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of Healthcare / Insurance experience and / OR Social Work / Community Outreach / Advocacy experience
- 1+ years of call center and / OR telephonic customer service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office setting, using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- 1+ years of experience with analyzing and solving customer problems
- Work experience with using Microsoft Word (create, edit, and save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting and filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments, and calendaring)
- Capability to work from home (access to high speed broadband)
- Availability to work any shift between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (local time) from Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Social Work, Public Health, OR related field
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish OR any other language
- Medicaid and / OR Medicare experience
- Experience in working with medical terminology
- Reside within the state of CO, NC, WA, or WI
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be able and comfortable with working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be able and comfortable with making outreach to members without prior engagement
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
Colorado or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado / Washington residents is $19.47 – $38.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.