Physician - Gastroenterologist - Crystal Run Healthcare - Optum NY - New York Suburbs - 2202145
Here at Optum, part of the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a dedicated and patient-centric Gastroenterologist to join our growing G/I Specialty Care team in the suburbs of New York, just outside of the city with Crystal Run Healthcare.
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally; and provide robust outpatient and surgical Gastroenterology care services throughout Orange County and the Hudson Valley – with plans for continued future growth in this dynamic and ever-evolving specialty.
With full-time and/or part-time opportunities available at various sites, please apply within to be connected with one of our recruiters to learn why working with the largest care delivery organization in the world will support in providing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
- Independent practice with strong affiliation with local tertiary care hospital that provides a full range of gastroenterology medicine.
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base and a focus on provider wellness and team-based care.
- Surgery Center/ASC centers located conveniently down the street from our offices, and ownership opportunities available with tenure.
- Full complement of excellent support staff (Advanced Practice Clinician, Medical Assistants and Administrative teams) and dedicated practice management systems in place that enable you to practice at the peak of your licensure and assist within patient care.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Consult with patients to understand their health concerns and perform specialized tests to diagnose and treat patients.
- Perform endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures (i.e., ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound procedure experience highly preferred).
- Examines patients in clinic, hospital rounds and performs surgical procedures as needed.
- Consult with patient’s primary care physician and other specialists.
- Serve as collaborating physician to assigned Advanced Practice Clinician(s).
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with “Optum-ism” striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earnings potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility.
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company – United Health Group
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure) & Paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Robust retirement options including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and Supportive Culture.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
At Crystal Run Healthcare, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of more than 400 seasoned professionals in 50 medical and surgical specialties in New York’s scenic Hudson Valley and lower Catskill region just outside of NYC!
We are focused on fostering professional growth, providing the latest technologies, state-of-the-art facilities and a collegial environment that embraces innovation and diversity. As one of the largest private employers in the region, we understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible scheduling, excellent benefits, competitive compensation and growth opportunities. The region we serve is unmatched. We are close to nature, culture and arts. New York City is just a short drive away. With easy commutes, affordable homes, fantastic schools and great communities for families to live and grow, Crystal Run Healthcare is the place for you to cultivate the life you want to live.
Optum’s clinician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. We are made up of more than 80,000 aligned physicians and advanced clinicians who serve nearly 20 million people across the United States. We’re empowering our community clinicians to transform health care locally with collaboration, innovation and the vast resources of our global enterprise. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
- Fellowship training in Gastroenterology.
- Residency training in Internal Medicine.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Gastroenterology.
- ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound procedure experience highly preferred.
- Unrestricted medical licensure in the state of New York (or has New York license application submitted and in-process).
- Active and unrestricted CDS permit (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start).
The salary range for New York residents is $437,580 to $659,400 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.