Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk - Las Vegas, NV - 2202084
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position prepares and edits medical claims for submission through our Pharmacy, both hard copy and electronically, to various 3rd party payors and clearinghouses.
**Please Note** – Hybrid role in Las Vegas, NV – 3 Days in office and 2 Remote working 8:00am – 5:00 pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time
- Payment posting, credits, working insurance and private ATBs and working denials
- Claims preparation and processing – Medical and Pharmacy claims
- Meeting and achieving daily and monthly productivity
- Applies knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Demonstrates a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests
- Solves routine problems on own
- Assist patients who call in with questions on their billing statement and who want to make payments
- Works with supervisor and lead to solve more complex problems
- Prioritizes and organizes own work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or GED
- 3+ years of Accounts Receivable experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience in monitoring claims status, claims preparation and processing
- Experienced with charge entry, payment entry, credits and AR follow-up
- Experience with working claim appeals/reconsiderations and denials
- Experience with and understanding of ICD10 and CPT coding – including modifiers
- Complete understanding of interpreting EOB’s
- Solid data entry skills including 10-key by touch
- Basic computer skills with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
- Hospice experience
- SR AR Billing experience
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $19.47 to $38.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.