HSS Clinical Coordinator - Montgomery or Labette County, KS Market - 2194626
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
If you reside within the Montgomery or Labette County, KS Market, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are full represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience working with the community health setting in a health care role
- 1+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or provider’s offices
- Licensed Social Worker or clinical degree
- 2+ years of case management experience
- 1+ years of experience working with Medicaid Waiver services
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field Based work experience
- Experience with electronic charting
- Background in managing populations with complex medical and behavioral needs
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.