Pharmacy Audit Analyst - Remote in Tri-State area (NY, CT, NJ)- 75% travel - 2194918
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position requires travel (via car, plane, and train) within a specific demographic. Travel requirement can be up to 75% of the calendar year.
If you are located in Tri State area (NY, CT or NJ or immediate surrounding areas), you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Complete pre-audit work including travel planning, materials gathering and desk audit activities independently and in accordance with established objectives
- Perform onsite and desktop pharmacy network audits to identify potential discrepant pharmacy claims
- Assess pharmacy site’s physical premises, compliance with regulatory requirements, and completeness of records
- Gather and review documentation up to but not including prescription hardcopies, signature logs, compounding records, and MARs
- Facilitate answers to questions from pharmacy network providers on a rotational basis
- Report findings to pharmacy network providers
- Reviews and assesses quality and accuracy of audits conducted (QC)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License for the state of residence
- Currently certified by the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board)
- 2+ years of experience working in pharmacy audit, PBM, healthcare investigations, or health insurance environment
- 2+ years of experience in a position processing pharmacy or medical claims
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word – creating and editing documents, Excel – creating, filtering, and maintaining spreadsheets)
- Experience working independently and researching/conducting investigations; must be analytical, self-motivated, goal oriented, and have the ability to successfully investigate complex issues
- Experience leading in-person and virtual/desktop audits
- In – depth knowledge of pharmacy operations
- Ability to travel (car, train, plane) up to 75% of the year
- Home Location within 45 miles of International Airport
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Intermediate level of knowledge with Local, State & Federal laws and regulations pertaining to health insurance (Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Tricare, Pharmacy and/or commercial health insurance)
- Proficient in RxClaim or other pharmacy claims processing systems
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate information
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $46,700 to $91,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.