Practice Assistant Supervisor - 2198824
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Oversees the front desk employee including training, mentoring and counseling
- Ensures quality Customer Service is provided to the patients and visitors courteously and promptly by staff
- Effectively communicates and ensures compliance of all related CAREMOUNT MEDICAL policies and updates staff
- Effectively communicates both Group and Department-specific information to staff for patient education (i.e. hours, par insurance plans etc.)
- Improves the registration and scheduling process through education and evaluation of all front staff employees
- Ensures employees are maintaining knowledge of individual physicians scheduling requirements and preferences
- Establishes and maintains a professional environment at each front desk within the group
- Works with staff to ensure the daily reconciliation, and related forms are completed and submitted timely and accurately
- Ensures employees are following the Cash Security policy of the Front Desk
- Ensures a 90% or better copay collection within each department
- Develops and implements registration policies to increase patient satisfaction, decrease errors, and improve cash flow
- Works routinely with Patient Assistance to provide feedback and correction of recurring errors
- Serves as a liaison between Finance and Operations to balance the job functions of the front desk employees
- Performs related work as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a medical practice environment
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $46,700 to $91,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.