X-Ray Technologist - 2198872
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The X-Ray Technologist I is responsible for performing the primary diagnostic examination to either diagnose or decide the optimal procedure that will best help the patient. This also includes creating a tranquil environment, so patients will be able to adhere to examination instructions.
- Identify anatomical orientation on all required images and assures proper file identification on all images
- Demonstrate competency performing all radiographic procedures and the operation of all related equipment
- Greet patients, obtain history, and enters information in computer system
- Perform x-rays at the optimal quality
- Demonstrate patient care; make sure to protect patient as best as possible from excessive radiation
- Observe patient vital signs during examination
- Provide coverage as needed (i.e. in the event of call outs or extended patient schedules)
- Provide instruction/mentoring to new hires
- Maintain CPR certification
- Perform procedures in compliance with Standards of Care, facility and regulatory requirements, and ARRT Standards of Ethics
- Maintain quality standards as it relates to HIPPA regulations
- Demonstrate a positive patient experience; share information with patients, providing knowledge about the procedure; ensuring they are aware of follow-up steps and requirements
- Demonstrate a positive experience from the referring providers; providing excellent quality
- Consistently submit images of diagnostic quality without recommendation of additional image acquisition; performs quality assurance on images and equipment; demonstrates competency in utilizing systems
- Make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately contemplating various available courses of action
- Contribute to efficient out-patient Operations, maximizing the productivity of assigned modality
- Utilize sterile techniques preventing contamination
- Review each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examinations to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of patients following the procedure
- Demonstrate teamwork; interacts in a positive manner with employees and contributes to a collaborative work environment
- Meet or exceed deadlines, follows through, demonstrating accountability, flexibility and adaptability
- Enhance professional growth and maintain certifications, registration and active CME’s through education programs, conferences, and workshops
- Maintain the cleanliness of examination rooms
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist)® certified & NY State license in Radiologic Technology
- Demonstrated ability to adequately use, or learn to use, the department’s computerized system and its associated devices
- Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine
- 1+ years of experience in as general radiologic technologist
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with patients, visitors, and employees within the organization
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds and place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review developed films
Core Customers and Key Relationships:
- Patients Families and Friends
- Physicians and Other Medical Staff
- External Medical Partners
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $22.45 to $43.89 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.