Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care Plus Clinics - 2194212
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Primary Care Plus is looking for a well-qualified Nurse Practitioner to join our growing practice in Louisiana. PCPlus clinics are part of a clinically integrated network (CIN) designed to provide enhanced care to Medicare Advantage, Quality plan, and ACO members by delivering high quality, coordinated healthcare that produces superior outcomes in a cost effective manner. Our clinical team includes physicians, APRNs, RN Care Managers, clinic support staff, and a Quality Improvement team who work together to coordinate care for patients in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. A robust transitional care and high-risk outreach program provides physicians with additional information to support their patients outside of the clinic. PCPlus also uses a sophisticated electronic medical record system and robust analytical data analysis to identify patients who are high risk for poor outcomes in order to improve their quality of life. Consistent feedback is provided to the clinical team on all business objectives including quality measures, diagnostic accuracy, and hospitalization rates. Providers are not measured based on productivity or RVUs, but rather on outcomes of their patient panels. Most providers will care for panels in the 600-800 range and appointments are scheduled for 30-60 minutes per patient.
The Nurse Practitioner for our Lafayette Clinic location will work collaboratively with the team to provide health promotion, health education and manage and treat chronic conditions and acute illnesses in an effort to improve our patient’s quality of life and to facilitate optimal health outcomes through cost-effective healthcare. The nurse practitioner will provide medical services to our patients, diagnose, and develop care and treatment plans. The nurse practitioner also will perform annual comprehensive wellness assessments and emphasize the importance of disease prevention by incorporating health goal review, teaching and counseling with patients and their families. For this location, the NP will develop a panel of patients and manage those patients independently with support of a dedicated physician and will have direct access to discuss patient care issues as needed. This is a great opportunity to build a practice and provide care as a member of the community.
- Provide primary care, including ordering and evaluating diagnostic/screening/laboratory tests, and management of minor acute illnesses
- Conduct comprehensive wellness assessments on members either in the clinic or patients’ home as needed
- Assess diagnose and manage chronic conditions for patient population
- Identify deviations from normal, initiates and evaluates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems within their scope of practice
- Prescribe medications as delegated in the protocols and/or procedures within licensed prescriptive authority
- Provide individualized patient teaching and counseling
- Participate in quality improvement activities and monitoring of health outcomes for patients
- Ensure coding and documentation of HEDIS, Quality STAR measures and Risk Adjustment diagnoses as appropriate
- Participate in community events including health fairs, speaking engagements, and educational lectures
- Collaborate with our marketing team to build the practice and help to grow our business and reach within our communities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Successful completion of an advanced practice Nurse Education Program
- Nurse Practitioner Certification as Adult, Geriatric, or Family NP
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- CPR certification
- 2+ years of post-graduate experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to obtain prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Clinical knowledge necessary to make recommendations concerning the clinical assessment, evaluation and management of members
- Computer literate and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience in Gerontology, Internal Medicine, and/or Family Medicine
- Experience in a managed care and/or ambulatory environment
- Urgent care experience
- Proven excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Proven ability to work in an environment requiring innovation, self-motivation and adaptable to change
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.