Epic Kaleidoscope Dorothy Trainer - Remote - 2196036
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s EHR Services represents one of the fastest growing practices within Optum Insight’s Advisory and Implementations business unit. The EHR Services practice is comprised of 600+ individuals across the U.S. and Ireland who are dedicated to improving the healthcare delivery system through the power of healthcare technology, specifically, the EHR and integrated applications and tools. By joining the EHR Services team, you’ll partner with some of the most gifted healthcare technology thought leaders within the industry, collaborate with experienced consulting and healthcare leaders, and help partners capture the benefits of their EHR investment.
Optum seeks a Clinical Principal Trainer with hands-on experience in EHR Services implementation and operation projects. They will manage integration teams, train best practices, and align with EHR Services to ensure successful project execution.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our EHR Services team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, writes, creates, and maintains curriculum and adoption materials, including multimedia deliverables, to be used with in-person and virtual instructor-led training, self-paced online learning, and other system adoption initiatives for a variety of audiences as assigned
- Incorporates instructional design best practices and adult learning theories to address a target audience’s learning needs
- Supports, designs, build, and maintains technical training environments needed for education delivery including support of the Epic Credential Training Program
- Trouble-shoot issues related to scenarios and system training environments
- Collaborates regularly and closely with peers and application analysts’ to ensure that educational design is consistent with workflows and application build
- Participates in the recruitment, onboarding, and credentialing program for assigned Credentialed Trainers
- Trains, mentors, and communicates with Epic Credential Trainers
- Ensures all scheduled classes are covered with appropriate lead instructors and support teams
- Assists with the completion of the Epic training calculator, course catalogs and course schedules
- Develops and analyzes assessments, evaluations, and other feedback mechanisms to determine the effectiveness of education deliverables and delivery, providing recommendations for and/or instituting improvements in accordance with best practice and adult learning theory to achieve education goals
- Supports role mapping and training logistical planning- e.g. Role Analysis
- Develops communication related to education efforts for deployments, upgrades, optimizations and other system changes as assigned- e.g. Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Maintains understanding of workflows, policies, procedures, and constraints in core clinical or business area(s) of responsibility
- Successfully completes and maintains certification(s) in assigned Epic applications and modules
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Minimum of one Epic certifications/proficiencies in Epic applications
- 2+ years Epic application experience including Epic project experience
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in relevant applications
- Ability to travel up to 25% to client location(s)
- Proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team collaboration (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills, self-efficient
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment